RES: Minimum Size of a RTEMS SPARC Application Image

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Aug 15 16:39:58 UTC 2006

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis wrote:
> Joel,
>

> Thank you for the explanation - again; now I owe you two or three beers for
> the help (and a lot for RTEMS)!

I need to do a worldwide tour to collect on all this free beer. :)

Overnight, I was considering :

(1) removing size and timing information from the supplements since it
is out
of date and a maintenance nightmare.

(2) getting rid of the individual CPU supplement documents and making each
CPU port's information a chapter in the C User's Guide.    Or merging all
of the supplements into a "Port Specific Information" document with
chapters per port.

If you toss out the timing and size information, there isn't a whole lot
of meat
left in each supplement. I merged all the remaining chapters for one
supplement and
ended up with 11 pages of formatted text.  That hardly justifies another
document.
And with 10-12 ports at any time, that is 10-12 documents.

It would also eliminate 10-12 Makefiles and a fair amount of document
building
infrastructure.

Comments, thoughts?

--joel