Creation of initial task fails with RTEMS_UNSATISFIED

Ingolf Steinbach Ingolf.Steinbach at jena-optronik.de
Thu Aug 24 12:14:08 UTC 2006

Chris Johns wrote:
> You should increase the number of tasks. Driver can contain tasks and
> this would consume the single task resource you have allocated.

Thank you.

Although the problem does no longer show up (with
CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS set to 2), I am a bit irritated:

a) I'd expect to see RTEMS_TOO_MANY rather than
    RTEMS_UNSATISFIED

b) a breakpoint in rtems_task_create() is reached only once.

Apart from that, I thought that the CONFIGURE_* values
represent the amount of resources required by the application
itself, not including any resources needed implicitly by
RTEMS. For instance, it appears that for each file descriptor,
a semaphore is created implicitly. This works even if I
set CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES to 0.

Kind regards
     Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
ingolf.steinbach at jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147