leon2: cannot boot without the console driver

Ingolf Steinbach Ingolf.Steinbach at jena-optronik.de
Thu Aug 24 12:25:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

while trying to reduce the size of my application, I left
out CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER from my
RTEMS configuration (there is no printf()/puts()/...) in
my application.

Indeed, this reduces the size. However I can no longer boot
the application because the bsp_postdriver_hook() tries to
open "/dev/console".

What is the correct way to leave out the console driver?
(Probably writing a dummy bsp_postdriver_hook() function
does the trick, but this looks rather hackish to me.)

RTEMS-4.6.5 on leon2.

Kind regards
     Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
ingolf.steinbach at jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147