Sparc PR: Is gnatsweb working?

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.com
Thu Aug 24 20:58:26 UTC 2006

Kenneth is right, cpukit/score/cpu/sparc/rtems/score/sparc.h
should be patched:

 -#if defined(_SOFT_FLOAT)
 -#define SPARC_HAS_FPU 0
 -#else
  #define SPARC_HAS_FPU 1
 -#endif

  #if SPARC_HAS_FPU
  #define CPU_MODEL_NAME "w/FPU"

The reason is (as we have dscussed on the list before) that the
FPU context save code is always present (in assembly) and the
prescense of an FPU is detrimed at run-time. The kernel is
always compiled with -msoft-float to avoid integer use of
FPU registers by gcc optimisations. This also leads to that
only one bsp is needed for leon's with and without FPU.

Jiri.