YAFFS or JFFS for RTEMS

Jay Monkman jtm at smoothsmoothie.com
Wed Aug 16 19:04:17 UTC 2006

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Chris Johns wrote:
>> Alexander I. Shaykhrazeev wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> I can only distress you about JFFS port for RTEMS, it's unavailable
>>> and imposible, becouse of some technical reasons, for example no
>>> virtual memory support, and other things, avalable on Linux. Intel
>>> guy tell us that it's imposible to make such port, when we made
>>> decision about to use StrataFlash in our project.

Sorry, I've been out and just saw this.

I do have an incomplete port of JFFS2 to RTEMS. I don't know where you heard
that it needs virtual memory support, but that's completely false.

The port that I have has almost everything working, but there are some features
I haven't finished, so I haven't submitted it yet.