Ressources on Ada & RTEMS

Jérôme Hugues hugues.jerome at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 12:25:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently testing the Ada support in RTEMS, I've compiled so far
RTEMS 4.6.99.3 with binutils 2.16.1, GCC 4.1.1, everything went
smooth, using the information provided on the Wiki pages related to Ada.

For now, I've been able to compile a simple Hello World from Ada
examples, it runs fine on QEmu

I then tried to compile an Ada multi-tasking example, I've been stuck
by a strange bug,
RTEMS reports that "Exception 13 is caught at PC 7" by one thread,

This looks like a stack checking problem (AFAICT). I did work around
it by recompiling part of the GNAT runtime.
Namely, I copied s-taprop.ad? in my build dir, and then run gnatmake -
a to force partial recompilation of the elements of the run-time that
depends on this package.

This sounds rather strange. It is clearly a dirty hack, but it is
working.

I'm therefore looking for any resources on compiling Ada programms
for RTEMS. It seems the provided examples are not up to date with
other makefiles (e.g. those provided for the C examples). do you have
any pointers ?

Thanks

--
Jerome