gen405 status?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Feb 1 18:01:52 UTC 2006

Chris Caudle wrote:

>I found that changing my configuration of the gen405 BSP from --enable-cxx to
>--disable-cxx allowed the build to complete.
>Are all the C++ problems expected to be cleaned up by this time, and this is a
>previously unknown bug, or are some of the BSP's known to have limited C++
>support?

What tools are you using?  The earlier description was
just a line missing in the linker script due to some
new sections from a different toolset version.  All you
have to do is add some wildcarded section directive to the linkcmds file
in the appropriate place.  Look at another
powerpc BSP for examples.

For C++ to work completely, the bsp_specs and linker
script have to be just so.  C++ works on the powerpc
but this BSP might have a tweak or two.

--joel