New Wiki Page -- RTEMS Algorithm Complexity

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Feb 1 22:14:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have taken a stab at listing the non-constant time
algorithms in RTEMS.  The goal now is to have a
comprehensive list for the SuperCore, Classic and
POSIX APIs.  I don't want to include things like
an operation taking longer if you block.  The focus
is on operations that are O(n) where n is usually the
number of objects or messages.

Please take a look at:

http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Algorithmic_Complexity

and offer corrections, suggestions, improvements.

I hope this leads to someone suggesting algorithmic
improvements in these areas. But some are unavoidable --
copying a 1000 byte message takes longer than copying
a 100 byte message. :)

--joel