Rtems minimum size problem

Ray xr at trasin.net
Sat Feb 4 15:07:44 UTC 2006

Hi,
	I'm using rtems-4.6.99.2 with gcc-4.0.2 and newlib-1.13.0. My striped size of minimum.exe is about 80KB (disable all optimum features); the bss size is about 30KB. But the official document (CPU Supplements) says disable all optimum feature, the code size is about 20KB, and RAM size is about 2KB.
	So, the executive’s ROM and RAM usage is obviously much large than the “RTEMS CPU Applications Supplement” document.
	I wander is there any ways to minimize the code size. How to configure the RTEMS so that the ROM size is about 30KB and RAM size is about 3KB ?
	In fact, the libscore.a is about 80KB in code size, but the bss size is much smaller. Will all the code in libscore.a be linked into the executive? If is so, the minimum will larger than 80KB, is that right?
	Thanks in advance!

        Ray
        xr at trasin.net
          2006-02-04