kjrobert at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 7 02:15:32 UTC 2006
Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 February 2006 12:01, you wrote:
>> For C++ to work completely, the bsp_specs and linker
>> script have to be just so. C++ works on the powerpc
>> but this BSP might have a tweak or two.
> When the CVS sources are built on the test machine, are all options still
> turned on? I found that --enabledocs also stops the build on the CVS head
> sources, looking for a VERSION variable which was not set.
> But back to the original question I had about --enable-cxx failing, I believe
> on closer examination that actually the build of the RTEMS executive
> completes, and the iostream sample application is failing.
> Here is my configure call:
> ../rtems/configure \
> --target=powerpc-rtems4.7 \
> --disable-itron \
> --enable-cxx \
> --enable-rdbg \
> --disable-docs \
> --enable-networking \
> Here are the tools I have installed:
>> rpm -qa | grep rtems | grep powerpc
> Here is the last part of the output of "make all"
> powerpc-rtems4.7-g++ -B../../../../../gen405/lib/ -specs bsp_specs -qrtems
> -mcpu=403 -D_OLD_EXCEPTIONS -Dp
> pc405 -O4 -fno-keep-inline-functions -g -o iostream.exe
> init.o ../../../../../gen405/lib/no-dpmem.re
> l ../../../../../gen405/lib/no-event.rel ../../../../../gen405/lib/no-msg.rel ../../../../../gen405/lib/no
> -mp.rel ../../../../../gen405/lib/no-part.rel ../../../../../gen405/lib/no-signal.rel ../../../../../gen40
> 5/lib/no-timer.rel ../../../../../gen405/lib/no-rtmon.rel
> error: no memory region
> specified for loadable section `.gnu.linkonce.sb._ZGVNSt7collateIcE2idE'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake: *** [iostream.exe] Error 1
> gmake: Leaving directory
I've used the gen405 bsp extensively on 4.6.x. However, I've not
migrated to 4.7 yet. I've been planning to look at this, but haven't
yet had the time.
At first glance, your error above is because your linkcmds script
doesn't include a directive for where to place .gnu.linkonce.sb.* I
don't have access to my gen405 work currently, but I'd make the guess
that this section is introduced by the newer gcc tools and that the
existing gen405 linkcmds script doesn't account for it.
If this is indeed the problem, you'll need to add this section to your
linkcmds script so that it gets included correctly in your binary.
Examining the linkcmds scripts for the other ppc based targets may
provide some help.
Again, I've not tried gen405 on 4.7 yet myself, so I'm only speaking off
the top of my head.
Hope this helps.
More information about the users