Changing compilation options for BSP building

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.com
Tue Feb 7 18:57:51 UTC 2006

I would not recommend to remove the -msoft-float flag from
CPU_FLAGS. There is not floating point operations done in
the RTEMS kernel, hence you do not need to generate FPU
instructions. If you remove the -msoft-float option, newer
versions of gcc will use FPU registers for certain integer
operations (!) and the kernel will not run on processors
without an FPU. Hence, you do not gain anything by removing
-msoft-float, except the opportunity of crashing on non-FPU
LEON hardware.

Jiri.