Does RTEMS support the POSIX ; pthread_cond_timedwait() ?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Feb 10 11:34:28 UTC 2006

Matteo wrote:

>I have to use the pthread_cond_timedwait() but I'm afraid that RTEMS doesn't
>support this POSIX function. Is it true ? Because If I control the function I
>have always a error message, It creates the thread but not timed wait.
>So is it implemented in RTEMS ? Or I have to set some particular condition?

Yes it is supported.  You can look at the source and
clearly see that.  It is in cpukit/posix/src/cond*.c.

For condition variables to work, you must have a mutex
and a condition variable.  That implies you have to
create them and will need to configure non-zero
maximums.

#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_CONDITION_VARIABLES  N
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_MUTEXES              N

--joel