Problem with thread posix

Matteo matteo.posterli at studenti.unipr.it
Mon Feb 13 13:17:31 UTC 2006

Scrive Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>:

> Matteo wrote:
>
> >Scrive Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org>:
> >

> >>  [ Should this email be back on the list ? ]

> >>is

> >>problem,

> >>installed

> >>What is the configuration table parameters for POSIX ?
> >>
> >>Linux does not have the same setup issues RTEMS has. RTEMS is embedded
> >>so allows you the ability to constrain resources, ie has a configuration
> >>table.
> >>
> >>Can you run any of the POSIX tests ?
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>Chris
> >>

> >Yes I can run all the posix example of the testsuite, because I enable tet
> suite
> >when I configure rtems, but in the test suite I have no the source file only
> the
> >   *.exe file !
> >So if I try to launch the psx example *.exe I have no problem. I find the
> source
> >of the psx example but I haven't the makefile, infact if I try to launch
> the
> >source with a makefile of Hello_world I have a lot of error !
> >So May be I need of particular option in the makefile to compile correctly
> my
> >posix example.
> >What do you think?
> >

> I think we need to see the errors.  It could be as simple
> as you need to install RTEMS or it could be that you are
> using the RTEMS application Makefiles and not setting
> RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH appropriately.
>
> --joel
>
> --joel

I configured RTEMS in this way;

../rtems-4.7/configure --target=i386-rtems4.7 \
--prefix=/usr/local/rtems/rtems4.7 \
--enable-cxx --enable-rdbg --enable-tests --enable-networking \
--enable-posix --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 \

The RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH is ;
export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/usr/local/rtems/rtems4.7/i386-rtems4.7/pc386

The example Hello_world, and all that of the psx testsuite works well, so I
think that RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH and the rtems configure parameters are good..I
think..
So what could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance

Matteo