termios raw question

Fernando RUIZ CASAS correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Fri Feb 17 08:04:55 UTC 2006

HI jennifer,

here
http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rtems/cpukit/libmisc/shell/shell.c?rev=1.14&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

You have availiable a raw stream.

-----------------------------------
   setvbuf(stdin,NULL,_IONBF,0); /* Not buffered*/
   /* make a raw terminal,Linux MANuals */
   if (tcgetattr (fileno(stdin), &term)>=0) {
    term.c_iflag &=
~(IGNBRK|BRKINT|PARMRK|ISTRIP|INLCR|IGNCR|ICRNL|IXON);
    term.c_oflag &= ~OPOST;
    term.c_oflag |= (OPOST|ONLCR); /* But with cr+nl on
output */
    term.c_lflag &= ~(ECHO|ECHONL|ICANON|ISIG|IEXTEN);
    term.c_cflag  = CLOCAL | CREAD |(shell_env->tcflag);
    term.c_cc[VMIN]  = 1;
    term.c_cc[VTIME] = 0;
    if (tcsetattr (fileno(stdin), TCSADRAIN, &term) < 0) {
      fprintf(stderr,"shell:cannot set terminal
attributes(%s)\n",devname);
    };
A lot of RTEMS people use it in telnetd and shell serial
console without problems.

Maybe in the output better set to no CR+LF.

See you.