To set a pthread_cond_timedwait() ?

Matteo matteo.posterli at studenti.unipr.it
Fri Feb 17 21:06:36 UTC 2006

Scrive Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>:

> Matteo wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >following the psx example I try to use the  pthread_cond_timedwait() but it
>
> >returns me an error, but I think to have set all I have to set, may be I
> >forget to define some condition ?
> >Here there is my little example, it compiles but when it works I have an
> error
> >on the condition timed.
> >

> You do not have a call to pthread_cond_init or pthread_mutex_init

Sorry you get reason, I just forget to copy the initialization in the text file
below :),
In the original is there the initilization but the problem is the same
Have you an idea about my error ?

> See class-examples/pthread_cond_server.
>
> --joel

#include <bsp.h>
#include <pthread.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sched.h>
 pthread_mutex_t mutex;
 pthread_cond_t cond;
 void * print_hello(void * arg)
  {
  struct timeval time;
  struct timespec timeout;
  gettimeofday(&time, NULL);
  timeout.tv_sec = time.tv_sec + 2;
  timeout.tv_nsec = time.tv_usec * 1000;
  printf("<child>: Hello World coming to wait!\n");

  if (pthread_cond_timedwait(&cond, &mutex, &timeout)) perror ("Error on
TIMEDWAIT");

  printf("<child>: Hello World exit to wait!\n");
  return NULL;
  }
int *POSIX_Init()
 {
 pthread_t child;

 pthread_mutex_init(mutex, NULL);
 pthread_cond_init(cond, NULL);

 if ( pthread_create( &child, NULL, print_hello, NULL )) perror("Error on
create");
  printf("<main>: Wait for child thread...\n");
  if ( pthread_join( child, NULL )) perror ("Errore sulla join");
  return 0;
  }
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_THREADS              10
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_CONDITION_VARIABLES  10
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_MUTEXES              10
#define CONFIGURE_POSIX_INIT_THREAD_TABLE
#define CONFIGURE_INIT
#include <rtems/confdefs.h>