gettimeofday seconds rollover problem?

Thomas Rauscher trauscher at loytec.com
Thu Feb 23 10:03:01 UTC 2006

The following macro is used in the Linux kernel. It tells the
compiler that the asm statement globbers memory in an
unpredictable way. The compiler cannot schedule instructions
over this barrier and has to forget all memory values kept in
registers.

/* Optimization barrier */
/* The "volatile" is due to gcc bugs */
#define barrier() __asm__ __volatile__("": : :"memory")

I hope, this helps.

Regards,
Thomas Rauscher

--