Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router (MIPS)

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Wed Jan 4 21:22:49 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Smith, Gene SEA wrote:

>> FYI: Linksys adds WRT54G_L_ which is the same hardware like
>> old WRT54G to
>> its product map. See:
>> http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS4729641740.html
>>
>> For more information about various revisions of WRT54G itself, please
>> read:
>> http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Karel
>> --
>> Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com
>> ObjectSecurity Ltd.           http://www.objectsecurity.com
>>

> Right. Thought of that after I wrote. However there is speculation that
> the "L" version might be short lived and it is also more expensive than
> the standard unit.

Have a look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G
- it seems that BCM5352EKPB is just variant of BCM5352E ? Anyway, even
broadcom does not document this chip here:
http://www.broadcom.com/products/Wireless-LAN/802.11-Wireless-LAN-Solutions

I'm afraid no way for RTEMS on this hardware, except you do port yourself.
I'm in the same situation with Linksys NSLU2 waiting patiently under my
desk for RTEMS port, but that's about ARM/Xscale... :-)

Good luck!
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com