grub help needed

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Thu Jan 19 22:38:32 UTC 2006

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to automate running qemu
> and have succeeded except for one point.
> Some tests are larger than the space left on
> my virtual floppy image.
>
> I have created a 5 MB virtual HD like this:
>
> dd if=/dev/null of=/home/joel/qemu/qemu/pc386_hd\
>   bs=1024 count=5120
>
> I have this as my ~/.mtoolsrc:
>
> drive i: file="/home/joel/qemu/qemu/pc386_fda"
> drive j: file="/home/joel/qemu/qemu/pc386_hd"
>
> and formatted the HD image using:
>
> mformat -n 63 -h 16 -t 40 j:
>
> What do I need to do to get grub on this FAT
> HD image?
>
> I know I used to know how to do this. :(
>
> Thanks.
>
> --joel

I do not know if this is relevant to this discussion (I don't know what
qmenu is about), but I am able to boot rtems direct from dos using
eXtender. This gives me freedom to run some freedos tools (such as
chkdsk) before rtems starts. I can change what rtems app I want to run
at the command line or from the autoexec.bat.  What is cool about this
is that i don't need to fdisk, install grub, or anything like that.

If it helps, good - otherwise, feel free to ignore me.
--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)