failure notice

Mark Vander Voord mvandervoord at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:34:13 UTC 2006

Does using the Rate Monotonic Scheduler override the standard
priority-based scheduling in some way?

 In my init function, I am launching a task which has been configured
to run using an RMS period.  I have the following RTEMS options
defined (among other, unrelated options):

 #define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_PRIORITY
              1
 #define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_ATTRIBUTES
RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT | RTEMS_LOCAL
 #define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_INITIAL_MODES           RTEMS_NO_PREEMPT
| RTEMS_NO_TIMESLICE

 With these settings, I believe that the INIT task would be
un-interruptable by any other task until it have finished or parked.
However, this is not the case.  As soon as I have created the task
mentioned above (which has a priority of 25 and a rate of 5msec), that
task is immediately run.  It continues to run every 5msec from then
on, taking priority over the INIT task.

 Are there other settings that I am missing to get the behavior that I
desire, or do I need to delay creation of the RMS period?

Mark S VanderVoord