Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router (MIPS)

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Wed Jan 4 20:59:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Smith, Gene SEA wrote:

> This is just a quick check to ask if any of the RTEMS BSPs for MIPS
> might be compatible with the 200 MHz MIPS processor on the WRT54G
> wireless router? I am not real familiar with the variation on MIPS. All
> I have found is that the one in the WRT54G is little endian and possibly
> made by Broadcom.
>
> Older versions of the WRT54G contained a hackable version of Linux but
> Linksys has halved the memory in the latest h/w version and is now
> running Vxworks and is probably now unable to run linux. Possibly end
> users could replace the Vxworks with RTEMS fairly easily using a MIPS
> bsp?

FYI: Linksys adds WRT54G_L_ which is the same hardware like old WRT54G to
its product map. See:
http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS4729641740.html

For more information about various revisions of WRT54G itself, please
read:
http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6

Cheers,
Karel