Parallel Port Device Driver for PC386

robe0413 at flinders.edu.au robe0413 at flinders.edu.au
Mon Jul 24 08:04:31 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, as it is the first time I've had to
write a driver before.

I am trying to write a parallel port device driver for the BSP PC386, where the
board I am using is a PCM-3370. The problem is that I have never written a
driver before, so I am not sure where to start. I have read through a number of
other different mailing list support messages, but they either confused me or
were of no use.

So I'm asking for some help on the procedure of steps that need to be taken in
writing a device driver for RTEMS.

This is what I think I need to do:
1. Write read, write, open, close, init functions for the parallel port, but I
don't know what to put in these functions.
2. Register the above functions so RTEMS knows how to find them.
3. Use the functions in my application.

If anyone has some references or help it would greatly be apprieciated, as I am
not 100% sure on what I need to do.

Regards,
David Roberts