Problems connecting two embedded boards running RTEMS

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Fri Jul 28 01:40:15 UTC 2006

Paul Whitfield wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> A.Jallad at surrey.ac.uk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to make a simple ethernet connection between two embedded
>>> boards with a LEON processor running on each. I am trying to make a
>>> connection between the two boards running RTEMS. The server starts
>>> listening but the client fails to connect.
>>> What irritates me most is that the connection works fine between a
>>> Linux machine and each of the two boards individually in any
>>> configuration (linux machine serving as server and RTEMS board as
>>> client and vice-versa).
>>>

>> Stupid question.. is it possible that both RTEMS boards are configured
>> to use the same IP address?
>>

> Next stupid question ... is it possible that both RTEMS boards are
> configured with the same ETHERNET address?

The command arp -a will tell us all about the device. I had a similar
problem and it was with the Mac address on the card. arp -a will tell us all
--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)