RTEMS Capture Engine

Paul Whitfield paulw at omnitronics.com.au
Wed Jul 12 00:14:19 UTC 2006

Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> Thanks a lot for this info, with
>
> #define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_USER_EXTENSIONS        4
>

> it works pefectly on my board at least:
>

> rtems $ copen 100
> capture engine opened.
>
> rtems $ task
>   ID       NAME   PRIO   STAT   MODES  EVENTS   WAITID  WAITARG  NOTES
>
> 0a010002   RMON     1   READY  P:T:nA  NONE
> 0a010003   TA1      1   DELAY  P:T:nA  NONE
> 0a010004   TA2      1   DELAY  P:T:nA  NONE
> 0a010005   TA3      1   DELAY  P:T:nA  NONE
> rtems $

Hi Jiri,

Task is a monitor function that does not require the capture engine.

Try ctlist or ctload ...

Also you need to do either

copen -i 100

or

copen 100
cenable

To get the engine working.

Hope that helps!

The capture engine is very useful, however I have never found any
documentation for it other than reading the source code.

Likewise the "built-in" monitor commands - have I missed something or
is this something that RTEMS lacks?

Regards

Paul

The information in this e-mail is intended for the addressee only.
Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution by anyone else
is prohibited. Please let us know immediately if you receive this
e-mail in error. Thank you.