SPARC V9 support

jonathan.kalbfeld at gmail.com jonathan.kalbfeld at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 23:25:02 UTC 2006

I can't remember for certain.  A 1+ is sun4c.  I have an old IPX too.

It would be nice to be able to put a floppy disk into my IPX and boot RTEMS.

To be honest, I'm actually not much of a programmer, but I know that
the OpenBoot PROM on older Suns even has a rudimentary printf()
installed.  And most devices can be memory mapped.

What would it take to write a BSP?  This could be a good learning
exercise for me, and maybe a master's thesis... ;)

jonathan

On 6/1/06, Scott Newell <newell at cei.net> wrote:
> At 10:46 AM 6/1/2006 -0700, jonathan.kalbfeld at gmail.com wrote:
> >I was going to try the same thing but on an old one.  I have a stack
> >of Sparc 1+'es in my garage and I was curious if anyone had tried this
> >on a sparcv8 machine?
>
> Isn't sun4c sparc v7?  The sun4m and sun4d machines would be v8.
>

> >If you're in the LA area and want a free sparc 1+ to try this out, let
> >me know :-)
>
> I've got spare SS2 and IPX units if anyone wants.
>

> --
> newell N5TNL

Jonathan Kalbfeld
+1 323 620 6682