ATA/IDE disk access using PIO and interrupt

Thomas Doerfler (nt) Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Fri Jun 2 05:46:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

Yan Luo schrieb:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> I still have a question. When you said "works like a charm", do you mean
> it works for powerpc/gen5200?

yes.

> I don't see any irq.h or irq.c under c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386. The
> interrupt vector BSP_SIU_IRQ_ATA is defined for powerpc/gen5200 in its
> irq.h, but NOT for i386. I don't think I can use that irq number for i386.

yes, you are right, the interrupt number defined in the gen5200 BSP is
only suitable for the MPC5200 microcontroller. I am sorry, but I am not
an expert for the i286 architecture. I can only give you a guess:
interrupt number 14 MIGHT be the right one to use for the primary IDE
device.

wkr,
Thomas.

> Any suggestions?