QEMU v0.8.1 + mtools pkg available for Solaris/sparc

jonathan.kalbfeld at gmail.com jonathan.kalbfeld at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 01:18:01 UTC 2006

If you go to my website, www.thoughtwave.com, click on Downloads on
the lower left side, you can download a QEMU package for Solaris 10
that includes mtools.  It will install in /opt/thoughtwave

This also includes a floppy disk image in
/opt/thoughtwave/share/qemu/img that you can mount with mtools and use
for testing out RTEMS executives.  Good luck getting any PPC, MIPS or
ARM stuff to boot on Solaris.  I can only get x86 and amd64 to work
reliable.  Forget about sparc.

Just create put the following into a file in your homedir called .mtoolsrc

drive a:
    file="/opt/thoughtwave/share/qemu/img/floppy.img"
    fat_bits=12
    cylinders=80 heads=2 sectors=18
    mformat_only

You can boot that floppy image using:

qemu -fda /opt/thoughtwave/share/qemu/img/floppy.img

Have a lot of fun.  I'm going to take the dog for a walk and take a
break from the bitbox.

jonathan

Jonathan Kalbfeld
+1 323 620 6682