Data cache problem

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Mon Jun 26 08:15:43 UTC 2006

Hello, all.

I know decided to try to turn data caches ON in my application (BSP derived
from MBX860 BSP).
As I did not want to recompile each time all the BSP, I put the following into
Init task (is it ok to call these here?):
	bsp_mmu_init();
	rtems_cache_enable_data();
	{ create & start some tasks }
	rtems_task_wake_after(100);

Now, when the first 2 lines are commented, everything works fine - at the
point of 'rtems_task_wake_after' it goes till  _Context _Switch, then enters
_Thread_Handler and from there goes to another task.

When I activate these 2 lines, the 'rtems_task_wake_after' routine also goes
till _Context _switch, then enters  _Thread_Handler. But from here it goes
back to the Init task!?

I know that the data cache issue is very sensitive, but I do not see how task
context switch may be influenced this way by caches...

Any help or hint will be highly appreciated.
--
Leon Pollak