creating patch for CVS tree

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Wed Jun 28 14:07:20 UTC 2006

Thanks to CVS limitations you will probably need to checkout second tree,
keep both trees updated and then do recursive diff between them.

Personaly I find this too much horrible and so I use darcs
(http://www.darcs.net) to get the diff. i.e. in updated CVS do:

darcs init
darcs add -r *
darcs rec -a
<type `Initial import' and then enter>

and now just do all your changes and add files by using `darcs add <file>'
and once done just do:

darcs diff -u

Cheers,
Karel