UART ports on RTEMS

Luca Germano lucagermano at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 08:31:57 UTC 2006

Hi
I am new in RTEMS and I want to develop SW applications for RTEMS on Leon3.
I am interested to develop a SW application to handle the UART port of
Leon3. I read on RTEMS manual that RTEMS maps the standar I\O on UART. So
every kind of standard Output function will be output on UART port. But I
have a problem related to the Input function like getchar or scanf. It seems
that on UART there is ever something. So if I want to connect a PC to Leon3
via UART and use the PC keyboard as input for Leon3 I can't send only the
key pressed on the Keyboard to Leon3 but other characters  will be received
on UART of Leon3.
Can someone help me?
Thanks
Luca