SV: RTEMS 4.6.4 fails on Cygwin

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Mar 13 22:53:44 UTC 2006

Ole Hansen wrote:

>Hello Joe
>
>Are there any preferences of version of GCC + tools to use for building crossgcc  ??

In general, you should use the same version native to build a cross.
Other versions can work but
there is never a guarantee.

>I have been building the crossGCC with help from Lars Munch, but we don't see a solution to the problem.
>
>Will any of the prebuilt tools on rtems - homepage work better ??

They might but I suspect it is something in your environment that is not
set correctly.

I did a build on my laptop using the tools from the ftp site and a fresh
4.6.5 tarball
for powerpc-rtems/psim.  After a bit, I got a ticker.exe which I could
run on the simulator.

It has to be an environment variable setting.

--joel