gcc 4.1.0 RPMS Available

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Mar 17 03:10:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 14:38 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Chris Caudle wrote:
>
> >>These are for RTEMS 4.7/CVS
> >>

> >I notice that there is a file named:
> >rtems-4.7-rtems4.7-base-newlib-1.14.0-0.20060307.0.i386.rpm
> >
> >that does not seem to have an equivalent in the previous RPM files.
At some point in time, the files were part of the *-gcc rpm, later were
part of a *-libc rpm, which now had been renamed into *-newlib.

I am not sure if you're confused about the split out or about the
renamer.

> >Is that file needed if I am not rebuilding gcc locally?
Yes - It contains the libc of the rtems toolchains.

> Ralf has restructured the RPMs so that each language and the C library
> are in different RPMs.  This is just one of the new subpackages produced
> from the master specifications.
Right.

> I am sure he can explain it better.
I am not sure if Chris is confused about the split-out or about the
renamer. The split-out has important side-effects (Think along
sys-rooted builds, building Ada, building rtems-gcc, Canadian Cross
building rtems-gcc), the renamer originates from generalizing the rpm
specs and sharing the sources they are generated with other (non-rtems)
toolchains.

Ralf