PCP implementation

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 21 22:22:02 UTC 2006

I agree and I consider this a major design flaw.
Indeed: by looking at the source code and testing
your example I can confirm the documented
behavior.
Note that priority-inheriting binary semaphores
exhibit the same flaw.

When surrendering a priority-ceiling or -inheriting
mutex the executing task priority should be changed
to the highest priority (ceiling or inherited) of all currently
held mutexes.

-- Till