init partition table problem in fileio example

Yan Luo yan_luo at uml.edu
Tue Mar 28 21:31:38 UTC 2006

Hello,

I still  have problem initializing partition of /dev/hda using fileio
example. I got stuck when I chose to init partition table. I gave the
name of the device "/dev/hda", but the rtem_ide_part_table_initialize
() never returned. I tried with '/dev/ide', it returned 25.

I am using rtems-4.6.5, rtems-gcc 3.2.3, i386 target, bsp pc386. I
tried rtems-4.6.99, different bsp, a Pentium based laptop (Compaq
Armada 7730MT), a Pentium based desktop,  Exact same thing happened.
I double checked fileio Makefile, which has Managers=all. The hard
disks are in primary master IDE.

After tracing the rtems source code, I found the partition table
initialization hangs at line 1231 of cpukit/libblock/src/bdbuf.c

_CORE_mutex_Seize(&bd_buf->transfer_sema, 0, TRUE,
                               WATCHDOG_NO_TIMEOUT, level);

Do it seems that my rtems mutex is not initialized properly? How can
I fix this problem? Or what other reason could cause this problem? I
run out of ideas.

I truly appreciate your kind help.

Thanks,
Yan