Problem to save file on the hard disk! What I have to set to do it ?

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Thu Mar 16 22:30:25 UTC 2006

Could you please send me a link to the latest fileio example. I have
been using the dos driver for a while with no problem. I can test it
here on a machine

Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:
> Matteo,
>
> I am VERY confused now, because I thought you would be running the
> fileio example already for some days.
>
> There was an issue that most samples did not start at all because the
> new GCC 4.x needs a bigger minimum stack size, so this may be the
> problem with the original fileio example. (see previous postings on this
> mailing list).
>
> So this is a totally different issue, I think. Can you try to fix it and
>  try the fileio example again with the fix?
>
> wkr,
> Thomas.
>
> Matteo schrieb:
>
>>Hi Thomas,
>>
>>Ok I sent you the hda2_info.gz but with another one my email matte0pos at yahoo.it(
>>because with this I have a limit for the message).
>>Today I try to launch the full example fileio example and I see that it doesn't
>>work !
>>
>>Every time I have try to launch my file example in which I put the three
>>function of the fileio example;
>>to read the partion table -   fileio_part_table_initialize ()
>>to mount the partions - fileio_fsmount ()
>>to write the file - fileio_write_file ();
>>And every time I have the error when I try to mount the partition.
>>Today I launch the full example of fileio and I look that nothing appened! Only
>>the first message:
>>" Initialized console on port CONSOLE " and stop. I look it today because I
>>always worked on my very simple example..
>>How it's possible ? Surely the error is here yet .
>>Have you some idea? I forget to say you that I'm working on a notebook but the
>>hard disk are IDE, I try to launch the example on a normal computer and I have
>>the same result.
>>
>>Really thanks.
>>
>>Matteo
>>

>>Scrive Thomas Doerfler <Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de>:
>>

>>>Matteo,
>>>
>>>I got no idea, what might go wrong on your machine. According to your
>>>answer, the partiton table is read in correctly. Can you do the
>>>following for me:
>>>
>>>under linux, can you log in as root and perform the following commands:
>>> # dd if=/dev/hda of=hda_partition_table bs=512 count=1
>>> # dd if=/dev/hda2 of=hda2_info bs=512 count=22000
>>> # gzip <hda2_info >hda2_info.gz
>>>
>>>This will read the partition table and the start of hda2 (including the
>>>boot sector, the FAT and some file contents of that partition) from your
>>>disk. If you send me these two files (as private mail) I can try to
>>>analyze the info stored there.
>>>
>>>Please note, with the above commands, some file content of your harddisk
>>>will be sent to me aswell, so please do it only if you do not have
>>>private or confidential information on this partiton.
>>>
>>>wkr,
>>>Thomas.

>>>problem on

>>Matteo,
>>
>>one other question:

> [...]

Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)