Problem to save file on the hard disk! What I have to set to do it ?

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Thu Mar 16 22:42:12 UTC 2006

Yan Luo wrote:

>> Hm, this sounds, as if reading of the partition table hangs. What kind
>> of interface do you have to connect your harddisk? RTEMS currently  only
>> supports a standard IDE interface (no SCSI, no SATA...). And it  asumes,
>> that the harddisk is connected as Master to the primary IDE  interface. I
>> should have mentioned this before :-(
>

> I am using a pretty old laptop (Compaq, Pentium, no CDROM). I believe
> the hard drive is standard IDE based and on primary master because it
> is "hda" in Debian linux. It would have other device names if it were
> SCSI or other, right?
>
> I am wondering if "grub" (the boot loader) caused the problems. Both
> Matteo and I use grub. Will grub affect the partition table and
> mounting? Could you tell us the test environment that you run fileio  on
> before, if you don't use grub or lilo?

I used grub on a hard drive and had no problems.
Try running DOS FDISK and have a look at what the partitions look like.

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)