FTP Server busy waiting when file descriptors are exhausted

Thomas Rauscher trauscher at loytec.com
Tue Mar 28 07:29:37 UTC 2006

You are right, a well designed application should not run into this
situation.

However, in my opinion the FTP server should handle this case more
gracefully
and not hang up exhausting the entire CPU time. Currently, the
problem that all fds are used triggers another problem that all lower
priority
threads are preempted by a not very productive thread.

This is what I'm trying to address with my two proposed solution
sketches.

Regards,
Thomas Rauscher

--