Exiting Init function: Difference between 4.6.0 and 4.6.5 ?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu May 4 03:55:37 UTC 2006

Alan Cudmore wrote:

> Can anyone verify that something changed between 4.6.0 and 4.6.5 that
> would make my code end up in _Internal_error_Occurred if I just let  the
> Init routine end?

The Init task is a classic API task and it is considered an error to
return from a classic API task. You must delete it.

I seem to remember something about the internal error not occurring if
you have built POSIX support into RTEMS. POSIX allows threads to exit by
returning and the POSIX support was allowing this for all RTEMS tasks,
ie overriding the classic API specification.

Regards
Chris