POSIX signal

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed May 17 13:19:00 UTC 2006

Sebastien BARRE wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm porting existing application on RTEMS and need to manage processor
>exceptions (68k) buy sending POSIX like signals to my tasks.
>Here is my questions :
>Is it possible to use POSIX signal (sending with kill or ptread_kill )
>while my tasks are creating with "rtems_task_create"?

Yes.

>Can I use "kill" or "pthread_kill" in an exception handler to send
>exception signal like SIGBUS, SIGILL, SIGFPE,... to my applications tasks
>?

Yes.

POSIX has to be enabled and the Classic API tasks have to have their signal
mask changed from the default.  POSIX threads and Classic API takss have
different default signal masks.  By default, Classic API tasks do not
have any
signals enabled because the API used to create them doesn't know anything
about POSIX signals.  If you as an application programmer want to handle
POSIX signals from a Classic API task, you just need to enable them.

--joel