ATA/IDE disk access using PIO and interrupt

Yan Luo yan_luo at uml.edu
Thu May 25 18:25:26 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I was trying to understand how interrupt works for the PIO as it is said in
the document (ata.t) that PIO is supported by both polling and PIO.

I don't see the IDE_Controller_Table[ctrl_minor].int_driven set to TRUE
anywhere in the source tree. That means the interrupt driven PIO is NOT
enabled at all.

I tried to set it as true in ide_controller_initialize() in ide_ctrl.c. That
caused the RTEMS hang.

How the interrupt for PIO is enabled?

My test is on RTEMS 4.6.2 with fileio example application.

Thanks,
Yan