icmp echo disable (or dont answer pings)

Steven Johnson sjohnson at sakuraindustries.com
Wed May 31 11:03:39 UTC 2006

Chris Johns wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Comments please.  This does seem like a reasonable application feature.
>

> I would like to see the Wiki updated to document this feature as it is
> not standard.

Wiki Page now added.

As an aside, is it possible to get "sysctlbyname" added as a standard
inclusion in rtems for 4.7?  The wiki mentions the function.  Its useful
for editing these types of sysctl values and isnt much code.  I know its
not currently an impediment to anyone because they can just include the
routine in their own code like I did, but it does seem like a strange
omission.  Just asking.

Steven J