build RTEMS TIc4x

liu danil danilliu at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:54:49 UTC 2006

> >But ... I am quite surprised to see these errors. These bugs had been
> >present for years and were supposed to be fixed (it affects the tic4x
> >and some other exotic targets). I also recall having built the tic4x
> >many times, but ... I am able to reproduce your error, so ... I am
> >wondering what might have happened. Last minute screw up when preparing
> >for rtems-4.7, something having gone wrong when OAR moved RTEMS to their
> >new server, a recent CVS check-in breaking something?
> >
> >Ralf

I waited for two days but no one teached me how to solve such problems, so
I tried to figure it out myself.

I used RTEMS which was checked out from rtems-4_7-branch a weeks ago,
expected this version was stable.

First I upgraded automake to version 1.10 and autoconf to version 2.60.

Then configure RTEMS. there were many warnings such like this:
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5:   run info '(automake)Extending
aclocal'
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake
/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

I neglected them, and went on to the make step.
While made RTEMS, There were several errors, I figured them out:

1.  force typedef uint16_t, uint8_t to uint32_t and typedef int16_t, int8_t
to int32_t
2. in the file /c/src/lib/libbsp/c4x/c4xsim/clock/clock.c,  it includes
file rtems/c4x/c4xio.h, but this file is really in rtems/tic4x/c4xio.h.
3. it reported in clock.c, `Old_ticker' undeclared, I found this varible
was only used in this file and only in one sentence, so I remarked that
sentence

After these modification, RTEMS had successfully passed make and make
install.

Then I compiled the example of hello_world_c to check, but I got error
message such as:

/opt/rtems/tic4x-rtems/c3xsim/lib/librtemsbsp.a(console.rel):simio.c:(.text+0x1f6):
undefined reference to `_Console_Port_Count'

and:

/opt/rtems/tic4x-rtems/c3xsim/lib/librtemscpu.a(libscore_a-threadhandler.o):threadhandler.:(.text+0x27):
undefined reference to `__init'
/opt/rtems/tic4x-rtems/c3xsim/lib/librtemsbsp.a(startup.rel):bootcard.c:(.const+0x23):
undefined reference to `__fini'

How can I do to solve these problems?

Danil Liu