Fwd: Problem report: Struct aliasing problem causes Thread_Ready_Chain corruption in 4.6.99.3

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Nov 21 11:33:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 12:09 +0100, Peer Stritzinger wrote:
> Last Post did not work, lets retry:

Sorry, but this is a no-go. strict-aliasing is the default in GCC for a
very long time (IIRC, since 4.0.0) and must work.

If some code breaks, this code has to be considered broken and must be
fixed. I.e. we'd have to have a concrete piece of code to be able to
analyze and fix what might be going wrong.

Ralf