Problem report: Struct aliasing problem causes Thread_Ready_Chain corruption in 4.6.99.3

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Wed Nov 22 14:50:45 UTC 2006

Joel,

Attached you will find a patch for "my" solution.

- It contains my proposed solution to restructure the Chain_Control data
structure.
- It also encapsulates all accesses to chain->first and chain->last into
two macros (_Chain_First(hain_ptr) and _Chain_last(chain_ptr)) to make
it easier to modify the implementation infuture.

- I have NOT reviewed it, so the current state is a proposition.

- I am still not yet sure whether my chosen names for the Chain_Control
structure make sense and will be accepted by the community

So, please everybody: have a look at it and give comments.

wkr,
Thomas.

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de