GoAhead WebServer in RTEMS

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 1 01:11:08 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Chris Johns wrote:
>> Eric Valette wrote:
>>
>>> It is indeed. It wasn't at the time of submission (about 5 years ago
>>> already). If I had to select one now, I would choose the one by the guy
>>> that did GoHead dev and that is still compatible with goahed : appweb
>>> <www.appweb.org>.
>>>

>> Do you mean http://www.appwebserver.org/ ?
>>

> The license for that is pure GPL so isn't good for RTEMS.  If the
> GoAhead webserver is
> indeed obsolete, then we need to identify another candidate and port it.

I was just looking at the AppWeb site and the way I read the license
section:

"If your software is 100% GPL *or is licensed under an Open Source
License that is OSI  approved* and acceptable to Mbedthis Software, you
may use Mbedthis products and embed them in your applications or
devices. You do not need any other agreement or license -- the GPL is
all you need."

The Open Source License includes the LGPL which I thought was acceptable
to us?

It might be worth contacting the site to see if RTEMS would be an
acceptable platform for Mbedthis.  Maybe an RTEMS official? ;-)

regards,

Ian Caddy

--
Ian Caddy