build RTEMS TIc4x

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Nov 7 07:37:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 13:59 +0800, liu danil wrote:
>  Joel Sherrill wrote :
> >

> >Please send all replies to the list.
> >
> sorry, my mistake.
>
> >Any Windows users have an idea? My only suggestion is
> >that configure failed so he needs to look in the configure
> >log.
> >
> I checked configure.log, it had an error item told that there's no gmp.h
> file.
Error or warning?

It would be news to me if GCC-3.4.6 emits an error on missing gmp.h.

Very recent GCCs (>4.2) are reported to do so (I haven't checked), but
gcc-3.4.6 should get away without it (IIRC, we are not even using gmp to
build the linux->rtems toolchains on linux).

>  Then I upgraded my cygwin to the release version 1.5.19-4, and
> building binutils-2.17 is ok now.
>
> next I built gcc3.4.6+newlib1.14.0, as there's only gcc-core-3.4.6 in the
> rpm file, so I configured gcc3.4.6 with item
> --enable-languages="c",(without c++), is this right?
Very oversimplified: yes.

But beware: building on cygwin is filled with traps and is at least one
magnitude more difficult to build on than on other hosts.

> next step, I will download RTEMS from CVS and try to build it.

Ralf