Building RTEMS for a host?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Tue Nov 7 18:27:58 UTC 2006

Hello,

Stefan.Pusl at comneon.com schrieb:

> This sounds quite good. Is there a way to run a program executable under windows (e.g. Windows 2000)? The reason is, that a simulator increases the complexity. In order to have fast success, it is always better to keep it simple.

In general, Win2000/XP as a host is supported through either the cygwin
tools or the MinGW toolset, see:
http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/MinGW_Tools_for_Windows

I have no experience, whether you can run a RTEMS executable under
Windows/cygwin. Since the cygwin environment is not a perfect emulation
of a posix environment, I would expect some problems there. Maybe some
other guy has experience here?

In general, I would prefer a linux system as a host (and a base for
simulation).

wkr,

Thomas Doerfler.