Xilinx IP core drivers for RTEMS- Keith Robertson still around?

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 8 17:31:20 UTC 2006

I'm about ready with a bunch of pretty well tested gen405 changes
against the RTEMS tree;

- source & makefiles ported to cvs head

- rewritten uart driver, supports multiple uarts, exploits full
  configured tx fifo depth buffering, polling mode only.

- considerably re-written soft core xilemac driver, supports up to 8
  simultaneous instances of the mac with 32 or 64 bit packet fifos- no
  DMA support yet.  No hard core mac support in this driver.

- updated opc interrupt controller vectoring

- updated and simplified runtime memory map (workspace & heap
  allocations are better defined and more simply controlled).

To bring up RTEMS on a Virtex 4 ppc, the only thing that needs doing is
ensuring the given base addresses for the uart & interrupt controllers
are specified.  For the soft mac, the address can be given in the driver
control struct, others are for the moment hardcoded in bsp .h files.

I was thinking I could send out a provisional .diff since these are more
than simple changes, avoiding too much upheaval by commiting directly to
the cvs tree.

Regards,

Greg