Rtems Networking

Luca Germano lucagermano at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:49:06 UTC 2006

Hi
this is the result of the nm
/opt/rtems-4.6/sparc-rtems/leon3/lib$ nm librtemscpu.a |grep timeout
nm: condmp.o: no symbols
eventtimeout.o:
nm: itronapi.o: no symbols
         U timeout
         U timeout
00000094 d last_adjusted_timeout.0
00000090 d rtq_timeout
         U timeout
nm: mutexmp.o: no symbols
nm: res_stubs.o: no symbols
nm: rtclock.o: no symbols
nm: semaphoremp.o: no symbols
00000000 d timeout
00000008 d tottimeout
00000000 d timeout
00000008 d tottimeout
00000000 d timeout
ratemontimeout.o:
00000a00 T timeout
nm: strlcat.o: no symbols
nm: strlcpy.o: no symbols
nm: threadget.o: no symbols
nm: threadidlebody.o: no symbols
nm: time.o: no symbols
threadqtimeout.o:
         U timeout

I try to opend the rtems source file but I didn't find duplicated symbols.
Look at warning message I find timeout into file rtems_glue.c. At line 516
and 519 there are two assignment to unsigner32 variable named timeout.
unsigned32 timeout;
While at line 516 there is
timeout = c->c_time;
where c_time is a structure of type timeval
at line 519 there is
timeout = RTEMS_NO_TIMEOUT;
where RTEMS_NO_TIMEOUT is a value equal to 0.
Could be the assignement of line 516, a structure assigned to a unsigned
int, the problem?

Thanks
Luca