[RTEMS-Users] [Fwd: i960 simulation problem]

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Oct 6 14:23:59 UTC 2006

Pam Renton wrote:
> I am looking at options for existing systems, which use the i960. So
> thanks very much. That is important information.

When we obsoleted the i960 platform, we did it because of the tool
situation and because no one complained when we asked.

It SHOULD not be terribly difficult to build the last gcc 2.95 based
i960  toolset with the newlib version that matches the RTEMS
version you are interested in.  I haven't done it personally but wouldn't
expect that it to be that difficult.

One of Ralf's big improvements in the 4.7 tree is that the infrastructure
is now setup to handle different toolset component versions for different
architectures.

If you need to give some project details, feel free to email me privately.

--joel