GDB macros file

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Mon Sep 11 09:27:29 UTC 2006

Hello, all.

In July Joel published the new version of the GDB macros file.
I tried to use it and found it really very useful and significantly improved.
Many thanks, Joel!

Now, some issues I encountered...

1. First question is - I feel a bit uncomfortable with the command names so
long and therefore hard to remember and to type. May be it can be something
simpler? For example, instead of rtems_classic_message_queue - rtems_mq,
while for rtems_posix_semaphores - rtems_ps, etc...

2. For my gdb 6.1.1 I have several problems with some macros:
- rtems_classic_semaphores prints out one LIBIO semaphore and the gdb crashes;
- rtems_classic_task 2
 # | Name |    ID    | Pri |  Ticks   | State
---+------+----------+-----+----------+------------------------------
 2 | LOGR | 0a010002 | 250 |        1 | Wmsg
BACKTRACE
13:37, 11 Jul 2006 (CDT)[[User:JoelSherrill|Dr. Joel]] 13:37, 11 Jul 2006
(CDT)
Invalid cast.
Is it normal?

Again, a lot of thanks to Joel!